Dentist in Los Angeles 310-824-0055
The Diagnodent helps detect dental caries at the earliest possible stage so that the most appropriate treatment can be presented to you.
Diagnodent is a fluorescent laser that finds cavities which lie beneath the surface of the tooth. There are often cavities that x-rays and the explorer do not find. This advanced technology helps to preserve a greater amount of your tooth structure by uncovering dental decay before it progresses too far.
Detecting the invisible
If you cannot detect the disease, how can you treat it? Dentists often experience anxiety when attempting to diagnose the phenomenon known as hidden caries. A suspicious-looking tooth presents a treatment dilemma for dentists. Should the tooth be opened up? What if no caries is found? Should the tooth just be watched, or does that give caries more time to destroy the tooth's surface?
A changing caries model: due to floridation, caries has gone "underground". While helping to improve the oral health of many Americans, fluoridation has resulted in harder tooth enamel. Incipient caries lesions that once began on the tooth's surface have no migrated below the surface.
Proven clinical results: Treatment decisions require a higher degree of certainty.
The Diagnodent laser caries detection aid removes the doubt from treatment decisions regarding hidden caries ore questionable stained grooves. The device's ability to see into occlusal pits and fissures enables dentists to treat sub-surface caries lesions with confidence.
Benefits to you and your patients
- Permits use of minimally invasive treatments without unnecessary preparation - ideal adjunct to air abrasion and micro rotary instruments.
- For the first time, allows the quantification of caries activity over time with a precise and reliable measurement.
- Reproducible results permit checking, stabilization and documentation of caries.
- Ideal device for the hygienist to detect suspicious areas needing further examination.
- Is conservative by avoiding "exploratory" excavation of suspect teeth.
- Extremely accurate diagnostic aid. Proven to be over 90% accurate.
- Early detection of pathological changes that are undiagnosed by conventional examination methods (e.g. intial lesions, demineralization and changes in the enamel, fissure caries).
- No scratching probe: simple, fast and painless examination.
- Increases operator and patient confidence about treatment decisions due to accurate visual and acoustic representation of measured values.
- No x-ray exposure. Practice building, revenue enhancing.
- High level of patient acceptance and satisfaction.
Our dentist office located in Westwood Los Angeles. Call 310-824-0055 to make an appointment.